The Irvine Ranch’s major employment centers — Irvine Spectrum, University Research Park, the Irvine Business Complex, Newport Center and Jamboree Center — were conceived to help ensure The Irvine Ranch would be more than a series of suburban bedroom communities.
These employment centers have attracted some of the nation’s leading technology, research, biomedical/biotechnology and automotive companies, ensuring a strong economic base that enables cities on The Irvine Ranch to provide an exceptional level of services.
Begun in 1985, the 5,000-acre Irvine Spectrum® is one of the nation’s most admired and fastest-growing business centers. Planned and developed by the Irvine Company, Irvine Spectrum is known for industry clusters that include some of the nation’s largest and best-known companies in software, computer hardware, biotech, medical devices, broadband communications and automotive design. Irvine Spectrum’s attributes also include the following:
- Nearly 38 million square feet of space total, with convenient access to the 405 and 5 freeways.
- Home to more than 3,400 companies that are located in the Greater Irvine Spectrum Area. These firms employ a total of more than 77,000 people.
- Leading companies based here include Verizon Wireless, WATG, Billabong, The Capital Group and others.
- Strategically located near residential villages offering all types of housing, from single-family homes and luxury estates to apartments, condominiums and townhouses.
- Also home to one of California’s leading destination retail centers, Irvine Spectrum Center®, a 1.1 million-square-foot retail and entertainment complex, as well as many neighborhood shopping centers.
Now, Irvine Spectrum is evolving into a true mixed-use development. The Irvine Company developed of The Village at Irvine Spectrum Center, a 1,550-unit apartment community that provides much-needed housing in the heart of one of the nation’s largest and fastest-growing business communities.
In addition, the company developed twin 14-story office towers adjacent to The Village at Irvine Spectrum Center. Known as 20-40 Pacifica, the buildings feature 628,154 square feet and an adjacent five-story parking structure. Featuring people-oriented park-like spaces and extensively and attractively landscaped with Ficus trees, date palms and evergreens, 20-40 Pacifica frames the entrance to Irvine Spectrum Center and serves as an elegant gateway to the City of Irvine.
UNIVERSITY RESEARCH PARK
Located next to the University of California Irvine, University Research Park® offers an opportunity for companies wanting to take advantage of UCI’s educational and research resource
- This 212-acre business center is home to about 60 companies and more than 3,000 employees.
- It provides an ideal environment for collaboration between businesses and the university in such fields as biotechnology, engineering and computer science.
- Companies include such nationally prominent firms as America Online, Intel Corporation, Cisco Systems, Inc. and Skyworks Solutions, Inc.
- Broadcom, one of the top technology companies in the world, relocated its headquarters from Irvine Spectrum to University Research Park to be closer to the intellectual capital at UCI.
Together, University Research Park and Irvine Spectrum® create one of the largest and fastest-growing master-planned centers for research, technology and business in the world.
IRVINE BUSINESS COMPLEX
Another highly successful business center is the 3,350-acre Irvine Business Complex in the John Wayne Airport area:
- More than 80,000 people work in this highly successful business center. Many of these employees live nearby.
- This 3,350-acre complex is a major center of commerce with premier high-rise office buildings and quality hotels.
- Businesses of all sizes, from start-ups to Fortune 500 firms, are based here.
- In addition to John Wayne Airport, Irvine Business Complex is close to major freeways.
Overlooking the Pacific Ocean, Newport Center® features prominent office buildings that are right next door to Fashion Island®, a major regional retail center:
- This premier 600-acre business, retail, entertainment and resort complex offers 24 office buildings that range from low-rise to premier high-rise offices.
- Tenants in the 1.9-million-square-foot center include Pacific Life, UBS PaineWebber Inc., Prudential Securities Inc., PIMCO, Stradling Yocca Carlson and Rauth, and O’Melveny and Myers, LLP.
- Newport Center also is home to Fashion Island, one of the nation’s most beautiful and prestigious outdoor retail centers.
- Newport Center also features Fashion Island Hotel, a luxury 20-story, 292-guestrooms and suites property bristling with amenities including a new 4,000-square-foot spa; a 3,000-square-foot resort-style pool; two award-winning restaurants, and more than 23,000 square feet of meeting space.
One of Irvine’s most prestigious business addresses, Jamboree Center features 1.6 million square feet of mixed-use space:
- The center’s dramatic five travertine towers are located at Jamboree Road and Main Street, just off of the 405 Freeway in Irvine.
- The complex features high-speed elevators, vaulted glass lobby ceilings, covered walkways and ample structured parking. Extensive landscaping and generous open space provide park-like surroundings and pedestrian convenience.
- Jamboree Center also is home to Hotel Irvine, which offers 536 rooms and 50,000 square feet of conference space.
- Other dining and shopping opportunities are nearby at The Irvine Company’s Harvard Place shopping center as well as other nearby centers.
For more information on Irvine Company Offices: www.irvinecompanyoffice.com/